Monday, July 4, 2011

Take me out to the ball game

Ball game is apparently two separate words or one separated by a hyphen. Who knew!? I'm officially crossing #15 off my list since I finally have the pictures on my computer to prove it.

We had gorgeous weather for the game and the kids were so excited! It was their first MLB baseball game and I'm so glad I was able to take them. They were really good. Okay, there was a little melt down because I wouldn't let them get both cotton candy AND snow cones. I feel no guilt, though, since I told them the rules up front. I almost caved. I can now understand why parents do. Seriously....they have cute little faces and you love 'em to pieces and all they want is a snow cone to make them happy.

Ryleigh is a little cuddle bug and hung on me the whole time. I didn't mind...I'm treasuring these little hugs for as long as I can get them. Scottie tried to be all independent, especially since he was the only boy in our group. And, Makayla showed a little bit of some sassiness, but I think she really enjoyed herself. I'd be lying if I said that it's hard to realize how much they're growing up. It's the epitome of bittersweetness. I adore them, but I'm afraid they'll want me around less and less in their lives and the thought of that kind of breaks my heart. Ahem (pull yourself together, Dana).

I love this first photo. We saw Rosie Red and the kids were super excited about it and I wasn't about to miss a photo op. So, we ran over to greet Rosie and even though she was motioning that she had to go up the stairs I managed to snap two quick photos.


The next photo was not long after the snow cone melt down and on our way back to the car. See, no one's crying so I totally think that's a WIN (which is good considering we got totally stomped by the Pirates. Boo.)


#15 is officially crossed off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment