Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Who do you say that I am?"

That's the question that I'm asking now. I want to be intentional about how I spend my days; to live fully, with kindness and love and without fear and guilt. I want to learn what God has to say about the person that I am and how my passions and dreams can be lived out. It is going to take some time and effort to focus in on what those passions and dreams might be; but, I'm willing to do the hard work that is required.

I fully expected to post on this blog a lot more frequently and I want to commit to doing that very thing for the time I have left before leaving for Mamelodi. March 25th is only 45 days away now; I'm hopeful that I will be able to have a clearer focus now.

Since I'm a list-maker I'll go ahead and share a few of the things that I have planned to give the space in my life to make this growth possible. It's my way of showing up and having God meet me where I am being faithful to what He has for me. He won't love me any more or any less by what I am doing. This is more about me being able to take hold of the things He has for me, the things He wants to teach me, the things He wants me to do and be about. I'm letting go of my feeble attempt to control the things in my life.


*Read the Bible (I know, right?) I'm thinking I'll choose a topic each week and focus on that (beauty, freedom, grace, love, the poor, etc)
*Read "Godric" by Frederick Buechner
*Read "Free" by Brian Tome
*Listen to Dan Miller's podcast, 48 days to the Work You Love
*Journal my thoughts
*Be aware that my words and actions portray someone and is that someone the person I want to be
*Be active and intentional in participating in the all-church journey about Freedom

I fully believe and expect things to happen now that I am choosing to not sit and let the days continue with hardly a thought as to how I used my time. It's going to be great to look back and see the changes!

"Who can tell where days begin, when waking up means slowly caving in.
And still you haunt me through faded sheets, like the memory of what I used to be.
Give me back what I can feel
Give me something real"
~Something Real by Ashley Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment